You need to Wash your Reds. You know. For Haiti.

Have you heard?

Today, Monday the 18th, is “Wash a Load of Reds for Haiti” day. You didn’t know? Sheesh, where have you been??

If you have a Facebook, or Twitter, or any friends that are, like, real people, then you should have already heard that tomorrow is “Wear Red for Haiti” day. You know, where everyone in the world shows solidarity in their mourning and concern for Haiti by everybody wearing red all at once.

And that pretty much automatically makes today “Wash a Load of Reds for Haiti” day. Otherwise, nobody will have anything to wear…

So, anyway, I’m just doing my civic duty. You’re welcome.

Does anybody else think it might have been better to have… oh, I don’t know… a “Give your Starbucks money to Haiti” day? Or maybe “Adopt an Orphan from Haiti” day? Hmm……

1. Sarah on January 18, 2010 at 9:52 pm

That's rediculous, Jamie. Do they even HAVE a Starbucks in Haiti???

2. Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary on January 18, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Gah! How could I be so insensitive!! We need to have a "Build a Starbucks in Haiti for the Orphans" day. Genius.

3. Dad on January 19, 2010 at 12:15 am

You always wanted a daughter…now's your chance. Adopt one! Luv Dad

4. Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary on January 19, 2010 at 12:22 am

Um, I've NEVER wanted a daughter. So that's proabably the last thing I will do. But good suggestion.

5. Emily. :) on January 19, 2010 at 7:41 am

I must have no friends. I was not aware it is Wear Red for Haiti Day. *sigh*

6. Zac on January 19, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Wow I didn't know about the wear red either. I don't have anything red on. Clearly that puts me right up there with Pat Robertson saying they deserved it and other dispicable things done post earthquake.

7. Carrie on January 24, 2010 at 3:52 am

Wearing red would make me a "Woman of the Night", so it's a good think I didn't know about this one.

8. Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary on January 24, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Ok, I just wanna tell you guys – My husband ran across this post and was like "WHY is there a picture of my underwear on your blog???" And I just started laughing, like nervous "I'm in trouble" laughter…

9. Anonymous on July 31, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I know, I think the same thing. Do you remember when people tied yellow ribbons around trees "for the soldiers?" And I was thinking, How's that going to help them? hahaha I know, we should have a "Eat peanut butter for Jamie Day." or something like that.
    –Deborah K.